August 29, 2011
When U.S supercop Bill Bratton and wife Rikki were pictured in The Mail on Sunday last week, her elegantly manicured fingers were lightly – but oh so firmly – resting upon her handsome husband’s torso.
And a little research reveals that in almost every photograph taken of the couple, TV personality Rikki has adopted a similar pose.
Bill is the charismatic policeman credited with reversing America’s crime epidemic – and the fact that Rikki is his fourth wife is perhaps a clue to the significance of her sub-conscious hand signals.
Because body-language expert Judi James says the pose is classically adopted by women everywhere to send a hands-off gesture to any rivals who may be interested in their man.
‘This is a possessive barrier gesture,’ explains James. ‘Although it is a sign of affection, principally it is a signal to other females, who may be potential rivals.
‘Basically, what the woman is communicating to others is, “I’ve got him – hands off.” ’
It’s a tactic that doesn’t work with all men, warns James. So The Mail on Sunday set about finding the stars who use the hands-off hand signal to most effect . . . with surprising results.
Via: Emily Hill
A few more ‘hands off, he’s mine’ celebrity-pair examples, including: Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt, Victoria & David Beckham, J-Lo & Marc Anthony, Katie Holmes & Tom Cruise, Katy Perry & Russell Brand, Emma Thompson & Greg Wise, and Megan Fox & Brian Austin:
– ANGELINA JOLIE & BRAD PITT –
– VICTORIA & DAVID BECKHAM –
– J-LO & MARC ANTHONY –
– KATIE HOLMES & TOM CRUISE –
– KATY PERRY & RUSSELL BRAND –
– EMMA THOMPSON & GREG WISE –
– MEGAN FOX & BRIAN AUSTIN –
A large collection of celebrity handprints is available at Hollywood Boulevard in Grauman’s Chinese Theatre.
Since 1927 this theatre has been drawing crowds in Hollywood with their unusual handprint collection. Over four million tourists flock to the location each year. The Walk of Fame stars passes right in front (see the first photo below), and the famed forecourt features handprints from stars ranging from Sophia Loren (see photo above) and Doris Day (see 2nd photo below) to Brad Pitt & Arnold Schwarzenegger. Just be prepared to rub elbows with other onlookers, as the entrance can get awfully crowded.
STARS INCLUDED (1927-2010):
– A few of the males are: Nicolas Cage, George Clooney, Sean Connery (James Bond), Matt Damon, Johnny Depp, Robert Duvall, Morgan Freeman, Tom Hanks, Eddie Murphy, Al Pacino, Brad Pitt, Daniel Radcliffe (Harry Potter), Arnold Schwarzenegger, Christopher Walken, Denzel Washington, and so many more;
– A few of the females are: Julie Andrews, Cher, Doris Day, Rhonda Fleming, Whoopi Goldberg, Sherry Lansing, Sophia Loren, Ali McGraw, Marilyn Monroe, Debbie Reynolds, Susan Saradon, Meryl Streep, Elizabeth Taylor, Emma Watson, and so many more.
An overview of the 200+ stars is available at Wikipedia.
Find more examples of celebrity hands & handprints:
Doris Day’s handprint was made in 1961.