Actresses, Models & Singers with Clubbed Thumbs… is a Toe Thumb ‘Sexy’?
June 21, 2011
In the acting and modelling profession, where outward appearance is important, quite a few people with ’clubbed thumbs’ have become successful. Next to Megan Fox (see previous post) being the most well-known example there is a considerable list of models & actresses who have the same thumb abnormality.
Maybe, some might now think that a toe tumb can be ‘sexy’, but the truth is that brachydactyly type d is a common trait in the general population – though the prevalence varies among populations around the world. According the World of Clubbed Thumbs the statistics are: 0.1% of blacks, 0.4% of whites, 1.6% of Jews and 3% of Arabs.
The list of models & actresses with a brachydactyly type d thumb includes (alphabetic order):
• Malin Akerman (Swedish-Canadian actress & model):
• Megan Fox (US actress & model):
• Sanaa Lathan (US actress):
• Leighton Meester (US actress & singer):
• Vittoria Puccini (Italian actress):
• Ashley Tesoro (US actress, model & singer):
• Anna Walton (UK actress):
NOTICE: A longer list of celebrities who have ‘clubbed thumbs’ is available at Facebook.
More hands of actors, models, celebrities & movie stars are available here: http://www.handresearch.com/hands-of-fame.htm