DR. PHIL – Finger length provides a clue to: ”Will Your Man Cheat?”
July 15, 2010
Will Your Man Cheat …?
[tweetmeme source=”handresearch” only_single=false] What if you could find out if your man is at a higher risk for infidelity before you married him? Dr. Phil and his panel of medical experts discuss the new science behind a cheater’s brain and what can be done if your loved one is at a higher risk. Author of Change Your Brain, Change Your Body, Dr. Daniel Amen, author of Insatiable Wives, clinical psychologist Dr. David Ley, Claremont University’s Dr. Paul Zak and author of The Male Brain, neuro-psychiatrist Dr. Louann Brizendine explain how you can discern a man’s risk for infidelity and the treatment options to lower his risk.
Dr.Phil.com presents a 4 item list of physiological indicators that your han is at a higher risk for cheating:
Length of ring finger compared to pointer finger: The length of a man’s ring finger is linked to testosterone in utero and during puberty. A longer ring finger means more testosterone, and the increased likelihood of a greater number of sex partners and a higher risk of cheating.
- Facial symmetry and size of jaw: If one side of a man’s face matches the other side, is symmetrical, the more it is an indicator to women that that man has high genetic value. Men whose faces are more [symmetrical] are more likely to have more partners because more women want to have their children.
- Size of penis: If a male is well-endowed, that means more testosterone and a higher risk of cheating.
- Brain injuries: Men with a history of engaging in impact sports like football or martial arts, or men who’ve had a history of concussions are at a higher risk. Also, men with disorders like ADD or bipolar disorder have low pre-frontal cortex activity or hyper-frontal activity, which could mean less ability to stop impulsive behaviors, like cheating.
By the way, did you know that… Casanova had the long ring finger!
SUGGESTION FOR FURTHER READING:
• BBC Test: finger length & sex I.D.!
• Finger length & Cupid’s science!
• The science of gaydar: finger length & sexual preference!
• What they say about men with long ring fingers!