Megan Fox has Obsessive Compulsive Disorder – what are the associated hand characteristics?
May 28, 2010
[tweetmeme source=”handresearch” only_single=false] Earlier this month actress Megan Fox claimed to have Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD). Psychodiagnostic Chirology describes some typical hand characteristics that have been associated with this disorder. Do Megan’s hands confirm that she has OCD?
In the in the June 2010 issue of Allure magazine (not yet published) Megan Fox describes that she suffers from Obsessive Compulsive Disorder and has problems with everyday scenarios.
Megan explained, “This is a sickness, I have an illness. Every time someone uses a bathroom and they flush, all the bacteria is shot into the air.”
Ms. Fox also brings her own silverware wherever she goes. “Putting my mouth where a million other mouths have been, just knowing all the bacteria that you carry in your mouth? Ucch!”
Fox also claimed that she can cope without food, Megan also insisted she wouldn’t mind going for lengthy periods of time without any human contact as she prefers her own company.
She said: “I could go days, weeks, without talking to another human being. I hate receiving compliments; I hate being told I’m talented or people think I’m going to be a movie star. I always feel that it’s forced and fake.”
OCD & HANDS
PDC analyst Arnold Holtzman has described in his book about Psychodiagnostic Chirology a list of 7 hand characteristics that appear to be associated with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. Let’s see if Megan Fox’s hand meet those characteristics:
NOTIFICATION: Holtzman described in this book very explicitly: “Each of the (7) features noted below must be in evidence for a diagnosis of obsessive-compulsive personality disorder to be valid.”
>> 7 Hand characteristics of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder:
• 1 Hard & inflexible hands and the palms are never soft, nor dysplastic – No, Megan appears to have flexible hands;
• 2 Pronounced knuckles – No, Megan has smooth fingers;
• 3 Nail phalanges of ring- + middle finger are spatulate in shape & always heavier than the base phalanges – Yes, but Megan has only spatulate fingernails; but her ‘famous’ thumb appears to be significant here, for obviously the nail phalange of her thumb is ‘heavy’ (it’s the condition named: brachydactyly type d);
• 4 Pronounced muscular tonus, including a sharp ‘thumb angle’ (see picture below) – Yes, Megan has the typical thumb angle;
• 5 Back of the hands: coarse skin with a masculine texture – No, obviously Megan doesn’t have a masculine texture;
• 6 Ring finger is longer than index finger – Yes, Megan’s ring finger is a bit longer than her index finger (though her finger length appears to be within the range of ‘normal’: see picture below);
• 7 Palm is square shaped, and never long and narrow – Yes, Megan’s palm appears to be a bit square shaped.
Megan Fox appears to have some of the typical hand characteristics that are associated with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, but no more that 4 out of 7 of the OCD associated hand characteristics – which is formally not high enough to confirm Megan’s problem.
What do you think? Does Megan Fox have ODC?
SUGGESTION FOR FURTHER READING: